AWESOME INC, a creative studio in Atlanta, GA, is currently seeking a Lead Background Designer to assist with the new animated 2D series for Adult Swim, Birdgirl, as well as exciting & unannounced future projects.
We are hiring primarily for our Atlanta, GA studio, with only limited opportunities for remote freelancers. Position is full-time with benefits. Length of employment will be for the duration of the production season; approximately 6 months to 1 year.
About the Show
After being named CEO of the world’s largest and most non-sensical corporation, Sebben & Sebben, Judy Ken Sebben (aka Birdgirl) has to find a way to maintain her work/superhero life balance. Through the halls of the company headquarters she assembles her Birdteam. By day, they try to drag the company into this century. By mid-afternoon, they usually end up having to break a lot of things to stop something bad that one of them may have helped cause.
Working in collaboration with the Producer and Series Director, the Lead Background Designer will be the principal voice of the background department, ensuring the artistic vision is executed across each episode all while meeting production standards.
The role requires thorough knowledge of animation styles and techniques as well as a strong eye for frame composition and set creation. It is an artistic as much as a technical role.
We’re seeking a positive team leader with excellent communication skills, who has senior-level experience within a similar pipeline.
You will need to…
- Be proficient in digital design software(ToonBoom and/or Adobe Creative Suite).
- Own strong drawing & painting skills with excellent sense of color.
- Demonstrate artistic versatility.
- Have had previous experience in a studio animation environment.
You may find yourself…
- Conceptualizing and designing exterior and interior environments in the artistic style of the show, with a high demonstrated competency in logic, perspective & lighting.
- Evaluating scripts for backgrounds needed per episode.
- Supervising all rough, revised and final designs necessary within assigned deadlines.
- Critiquing the work of artists and providing feedback at an individual level.
- Creating multiple design variations and revisions based on internal & external feedback.
- Communicating progress of work to appropriate production staff.
Skills & Pluses
- Be deadline-driven, able to handle quick turnarounds.
- Be comfortable working in a collaborative team environment.
- Possess leadership abilities to oversee a creative team through a production to completion.
- Maintain rigid file management and organizational skills.
- Be passionate, confident, resourceful, self-motivated, and creative!
How to Apply
Please, no phone calls or office visits.
To apply, submit your info to our online form!
Awesome Inc is proudly a certified woman-owned business. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.