AWESOME INC, a creative studio in Atlanta, GA, is currently seeking a 2D Art Director to assist with the new animated series forAdult Swim,Birdgirl, as well as exciting & unannounced future projects.
We are hiring for our Atlanta, GA studio only; no remote freelancers are sought at this time. Position is full-time with benefits. Length of employment will be for the duration of the production season; approximately 1 year.
About the Show
After being named CEO of the world’s largest and most non-sensical corporation, Sebben & Sebben, Judy Ken Sebben (aka Birdgirl) has to find a way to maintain her work/superhero life balance. Through the halls of the company headquarters she assembles her Birdteam. By day, they try to drag the company into this century. By mid-afternoon, they usually end up having to break a lot of things to stop something bad that one of them may have helped cause.
You will need to…
- Have 3+ years episodic experience at an animation studio in a similar role.
- Possess a thorough understanding of 2D animation pipelines (ToonBoom and/or Adobe Creative Suite).
- Be fluent in the language and terminology of visual art.
- Show a mastery of modern digital design software.
- Be familiar with current industry production tracking methods.
- Exhibit first-class artistic talent.
You may find yourself…
- Leading a crew of character designers and background artists. Being both a cheerleader & voice of calm amidst the frenzy of series production.
- Establishing the visual style for the production, keeping it consistent with existing art as well as the scope of budget & schedule.
- Giving daily internal feedback, ensuring quality control, & offering solutions.
- Originating new designs & fixing existing ones in a pinch.
- Advising on & approving the technical construction of the backgrounds, props, and characters & troubleshooting workflow issues.
- Creating & updating style guides.
- Pulling reference examples for inspiration.
- Attending reviews with network producers, whether in-person or remote. Translating feedback into actionable direction or offering alternatives when scope creeps out of line.
- Weighing-in on new candidates for hire, attending interviews & judging appropriateness.
- Mentoring new talent.
- Being the responsible face of the team, owning & meeting deadlines.
- Pushing the boundaries of what we’re capable of, instituting new tricks, current trends, and industry standards.
- We want you to be passionate, confident, resourceful, self-motivated, and creative!
- People-skills in collaborating, motivating & communicating are a must-have.
How to Apply
Please, no phone calls or office visits.
To apply, submit your info to our online form!
Awesome Inc is proudly a certified woman-owned business. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.