AWESOME INC, a creative studio in Atlanta, GA, is currently seeking a 2D Animation Director to assist with the new animated 2D series forAdult Swim,Birdgirl, as well as exciting & unannounced future projects.
We are hiring for our Atlanta, GA studio only; no remote freelancers are sought at this time. Position is full-time with benefits. Length of employment will be for the duration of the production season; approximately 6 months to 1 year.
About the Show
After being named CEO of the world’s largest and most non-sensical corporation, Sebben & Sebben, Judy Ken Sebben (aka Birdgirl) has to find a way to maintain her work/superhero life balance. Through the halls of the company headquarters she assembles her Birdteam. By day, they try to drag the company into this century. By mid-afternoon, they usually end up having to break a lot of things to stop something bad that one of them may have helped cause.
You will need to…
- Have 3+ years episodic experience at an animation studio in a similar role.
- Possess a thorough understanding of cartoon animation & the language of filmmaking with an eye for camera composition, animation timing, character movement, & storytelling.
- Show a mastery of modern digital animation software (ToonBoom and/or Adobe Creative Suite).
- Be fluent in current industry production tracking methods.
You may find yourself…
- Leading a crew of 20-30 storyboard artists, animators & compositors. Being both a cheerleader & voice of calm amidst the frenzy of series production.
- Establishing the animation style & best pipeline for the production based on designs supplied by Art Director, keeping it consistent with the scope of budget & schedule.
- Overseeing the boarding & editorial process from a storytelling standpoint.
- Giving daily internal feedback, ensuring quality control, offering solutions & fixing animation in a pinch.
- Advising on the technical construction of the characters (set-up, rigs, pose libraries) & troubleshooting workflow issues.
- Attending reviews with network producers, whether in-person or remote. Translating feedback into actionable direction or offering alternatives when scope creeps out of line.
- Weighing-in on new candidates for hire, attending interviews & judging appropriateness.
- Mentoring new talent.
- Being the responsible face of the team, owning & meeting deadlines.
- Pushing the boundaries of what we’re capable of, instituting new tricks, current trends, and industry standards.
- We want you to be passionate, confident, resourceful, self-motivated, and creative!
- People-skills in collaborating, motivating & communicating are a must-have.
How to Apply
Please, no phone calls or office visits.
To apply, submit your info to our online form!
Awesome Inc is proudly a certified woman-owned business. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.