AWESOME INC, a creative studio in Atlanta, GA, is currently seeking a 2D Animation Director to assist with exciting & unannounced animated series.
We are hiring for our Atlanta, GA studio only; no remote freelancers are sought at this time.
Position is full-time with benefits. Length of employment will be for the duration of the production season; approximately 1.5 years.
You will need to…
- Have 3+ years episodic experience at an animation studio in a similar role.
- Possess a thorough understanding of cartoon animation & the language of filmmaking with an eye for camera composition, animation timing, character movement, & storytelling.
- Show a mastery of modern digital animation software (ToonBoom and/or Adobe Creative Suite).
- Be fluent in current industry production tracking methods.
You may find yourself…
- Leading a crew of 20-30 storyboard artists, animators & compositors. Being both a cheerleader & voice of calm amidst the frenzy of series production.
- Establishing the animation style & best pipeline for the production based on designs supplied by Art Director, keeping it consistent with the scope of budget & schedule.
- Overseeing the boarding & editorial process from a storytelling standpoint.
- Giving daily internal feedback, ensuring quality control, offering solutions & fixing animation in a pinch.
- Advising on the technical construction of the characters (set-up, rigs, pose libraries) & troubleshooting workflow issues.
- Attending reviews with network producers, whether in-person or remote. Translating feedback into actionable direction or offering alternatives when scope creeps out of line.
- Weighing-in on new candidates for hire, attending interviews & judging appropriateness.
- Mentoring new talent.
- Being the responsible face of the team, owning & meeting deadlines.
- Pushing the boundaries of what we’re capable of, instituting new tricks, current trends, and industry standards.
- We want you to be passionate, confident, resourceful, self-motivated, and creative!
- People-skills in collaborating, motivating & communicating are a must-have.
How to Apply
Please, no phone calls or office visits.
To apply, submit your info to our online form!
Awesome Inc is proudly a certified woman-owned business. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.